Jul 11, 2007

New Trucks or Just Risers?

I'm currently riding some older Grind King trucks. This model is very light, and has what I thought at first was a very ingenious kingpin that has a hex bolt inserted the "wrong" way through the truck. But the problem for me is that I like my trucks very tight. I even bought some new Bones Hardcore bushings, which--though very cool indeed!--didn't prevent the problem I'd been having: when I tighten that kingpin on down, the kingpin bolt pushes into my deck, making a nasty little indentation/pit. bad kingpin hole

Even though I haven't seen it cause a crack on my current deck, I know this could compromise the integrity of my deck. And while my current deck's pretty well out of life, but I don't want this to cause issues with my new deck, so I'm thinking of either swapping out the kingpin or buying some new trucks. I could try getting some rises on there to increase the gap between the deck and the kingpin, but that seems lame.

No comments: