Jun 19, 2007

Pushing Forward

I've been a little discouraged by a bad pattern of minor injuries (e.g. both of my ankles are just a little bit sprained due to 2 successive nights of trying grinds and slides, and my bad knee is acting up simply from all the crouching/jumping) but its probably less the worry of long-term pain or injury (at my age!) than it is that I don't seem to be making significant progress as a result. After what felt like a very steady and positive progression, I suddenly feel like I can't quite make the next step, can't quite land or pull into the tricks that are still basic.

If I become more aggressive in my sessions I do tend to make progress a little faster, but at the cost of more spills.
javascript:void(0)
Publish Post
So this week I'm balancing recovery with practice. I'll probably go out tonight, but will either shorten my session or restrict myself to practicing stuff I'm already really capable of.

Alternately, I could just lift some weights or do some strengthening exercises that won't put my ankles and knee at risk. bo-ring

No comments: