Jun 1, 2007

Riding & basic tricks.

Alright, so getting back on the board is both easier and harder than I thought. Well, at least I have no problem with basic balance and riding. I've got pretty decent control of the board on turns and so on. Can still ollie stationary at a good height, but am having trouble landing ollies at full speed (though surprisingly I can land an ollie into manual pretty well). Speaking of a manual, I can wheelie for no more than 2-3 full seconds at a time, which sucks, and landing into manual I can't hold it for more than a second.

But I can still primo and reemo no problem, which is cool because I hear my old idol Mullen is ripping it up with new variations of those. Other than that I find I have to relearn even the most basic tricks all over again.

My first goal is to master basic ollies at full speed. I can't accept anything short of 2 feet, though I'm planning for 3 or more so I can get on top of objects.

My second goal will be to get a better wheelie so I can manual off and onto tricks. I'll probably combine this with stationary 360s/720s and beyond as a good attack on balance and centering.

Here's the rest of the street tricks I'm going to be re-learning over the next couple weeks:
  1. boardflip
  2. kickflip
  3. fingerflips
  4. 360 shoveit (full speed)
  5. ollie kickflip (full speed)
  6. heelflip (full speed)
  7. ollie to casper
  8. 50-50 (not the grind)
  9. primo flip
  10. powerslide
  11. boardslide
  12. 50-50 grind (back and front sides)

This will all be parking lot stuff. Then I'll move on to some of these, which I never had down consistently in the old days:
  1. airwalk (full speed)
  2. anti-casper
  3. casper disaster
  4. impossible (full speed)
  5. tailslide
  6. pogo

And here's my dream list:
  • primo/reemo slides
  • casper slide
  • darkslide
  • hardflip
  • ollie north
  • noseslide
  • nose wheelies/manuals

Maybe I've got some of those names wrong. And there's probably a dozen other new tricks that you all can tell me about.

Anyway, I'm so damn excited I can't stay in the office any longer.

No comments: