Jun 12, 2007

Stationary Board Flips

I went out skating tonight despite my banged ankles and shins, and had a blast. Again, I felt more focused than before, and actually was starting to get a couple of tricks that, though simple, I was never was able to get before:

1. board-flip to reemo. This trick starts with my feet square over the trucks, and you simply pop the board forward with the balls and toes of each feet (more on the back foot, I find) so that the board spins 450 degrees, leaping forward to land on the wheels with the board on its side in a reemo.

I landed this only twice tonight; most of my attempts put my feet on the wheels with too much momentum, pushing the board into a normal top-up landing.

2. toe-flip to casper. Actually I have no idea what the first part of this trick is called. It basically starts that cutesy remounting flip trick you do when your board lands on bottom-up and you're some feet away.

So you approach your board and catch the toes of your back foot just under the trucks (in the curve of the tail). You flip/kick the board away from you (so its flipping on its sides). Normally you would just flip the board 540 degrees to a top-up position and land on it to skate away, but here you just want to flip it 360 degress. Your front foot has to catch the flipping board as it approaches a full flip, and it pulls up. At that moment your back foot has to come onto the tail and push down so you're in a casper.

I can't get this consistently, but I'm so close I had to make an entry about it. Its still just a weak little gimmick, but its fun, and I guess a way cooler method of getting back on a impotent board.

Fun fun fun stuff. I can't wait to get back out tomorrow night.

No comments: